Thursday, November 22, 2018

The Art of Doing Something Again

I have nothing against book series, in fact, I've read a lot of it.
But the reason why I have to stop myself sometimes is because other books are piling up and since I'm hooked with a series, I'm not able to read those.

Like I remember when I read those Mortal Instruments series, I got hooked and I've read 19 of Cassandra Clare's books for only a couple of months... But she's not stopping writing and other books are piling up on my desk. So I stopped, though her books are really really good.

That also happened with Lauren Kates's Fallen series.
Ilona Andrews' Kate Daniels Magic series.
Kiera Cass' The Selections.
Anne Rice's Vampire Chronicles, Songs of the Seraphim and The Wolf Gifts.
Just to name a few.

So in the mean time, before I return for another series, I'm reading AGAIN the book of Jose Rizal - Noli Me Tangere (Social Cancer) for the fifth time. I remember reading it once in grade school because I was a fan of Rizal since I started reading. Another one in highschool and again in college because it is a part of our curriculum. Then again when I was in my mid 20's. And now, for reasons... I'm a fan.

I believe it is a good habit to re-read and keep on re-reading those books you've read because there is always something new to learn. It's like looking at your window everyday, it's always the same view but there is always something new to notice. You missed it once, you'll miss it again, so better look at it over and over again.