Wednesday, November 28, 2018

Creed

Because of the recent drama in my life, I found myself totally jaded, exhausted and seriously wasted, so I decided to go and see a movie today.
I've been planning to see the movie "Bohemian Rhapsody" since last month but my schedule was totally in a brink of collapsing for too many activities. I was really hoping its still showing. Unfortunately, Bohemian Rhapsody is no longer on the run and I was really disappointed, but then, since I'm already at the cinema, then might as well watch any movie that's available on the screen. I was thinking of Robinhood or Fantastic Beast 2 but I'm not in the mood for bows and arrows and Harry Potter this time. No offense, I am a fan of Harry Potter.
So I decided to watch Creed 2 thinking it was the sequel of the movie Assassin's Creed.
Well, stupid me, its not Assassin's Creed 2, but another movie series of Rocky Balboa.
Damn! Though I'm a fan of Rocky Balboa movies, I'm not in the mood for a boxing movie today. But then again, too late. I already had my ticket.
So while I'm inside the cinema, I realized that I've been playing solitaire for almost... I can't remember but I'm comfortable being alone. Not to mention I'm the only girl watching this movie. Then during the fighting scenes of Draco and Creed, I was not aware that I'm punching and clapping my hands all along... I was being carried away by the fighting scenes. Imagine a girl, alone, watching a boxing movie. Damn! solitude is mocking me.

But the beautiful part of this day's disappointment is that, the movie is not that bad. In fact, it is a good movie. Like God did make me watch this to realize something that is connected to my recent drama. And that is, old people are always wiser than the youth. Period.

Creed's story is different from the usual underdog boxing movies because in here, he is the champ.
A champion who's about to lose his belt to an underdog.
Its a story about living within other people's expectations, about the pressure of having to win all the time, and the self doubts and abandonment. But it's also about family sticking with you till the end, win or lose, fight or run.
And at the end of the day, we don't fight for someone, we fight because it is our battle. And we stand up not for someone but because it is our ground and we have to stand up for it.

At the end of the day, we fight invisible battles because it is our fight. We don't fight because our loved ones want us to fight, but because it is our own battle and we have to fight to survive because we want to live to see them... Again.

And sometimes we do run away from a fight... No, we are not damn cowards... We run because we are not ready to fight, and if we're not ready we might lose, or worse, die. And we want to live just one more day to see our loved ones again.

But the irony of it all is that we can't run forever. Sooner than we thought we have to face our giants. So while we're running, we must also prepare for that day when we can no longer run, and no way to turn but to face the battle.


It was not what I planned to see, but I'm glad I did watch this movie.