Saturday, July 21, 2018

The Crown

One of the noblest job on earth is being a single mother.

No offense to those happy families with both a mother and a father. I mean, everybody wants a complete family, the ideal one. I, myself, wanted it to be that way if I could choose, but things happen without a reason so we just carry on with our lives.

Being a single mother means you have a dual responsibility to your children. You have to be both a father and a mother all at the same time.

While an ideal family has a father that provides the financial needs and a mother that takes care of almost everything, single mothers do both.
While in an ideal family, the father fixes the broken toys, do the carpentry, teach the kids how to bike and play the ball, and the mother does the cooking, the laundry, the everyday chores; in my case, as a single mother, I do all of them.
It is me who cooks and wash the dishes, do the laundry and all the everyday chores. And it is also me who do the simple carpentry, fix the broken toys, and it is me who teach my child to ride her bike and play the ball as well as the dolls. And yes, it is still me who goes to work to earn for our living.

And while I do all these stuffs, it is me who disciplines my child and teaches her all the lessons that I could impart for her to become a good person.

While some single mothers receive a monthly support from their ex husbands, some actually do not receive even a single decent dime.
So I suggest to those who receive some sort of support to be thankful enough that at least you have a help making both ends meet.

Because in some cases like mine, everything is in my sole responsibility. And all that is left to do is to be strong for my daughter.

Some would think being a single mother is a disgrace, but to anyone who thinks that way... Here's what I thought...

It is not a shame on our part to be this way for it is not our fault that the man we used to have was irresponsible or weak or simply a douche bag. Maybe it was a mistake for us to believe a man like that but we are humans, so we ought to make mistakes, but that doesn't mean we can never get up again for if you look at us, we are doing just fine singlehandedly doing the job for two. It is not a shame on our part for we do our best to give the most decent life we could give to our children.
And to those men who just runaway from their responsibilities... Well I say, you've got a lifetime carrying that guilt and shame on your shoulders... So it never was our lost - right?!

SINGLE MOTHERS ARE INDEPENDENT, STRONG AND BEAUTIFUL.

I AM NOT ASHAMED OF BEING ONE...
IN FACT...
I WEAR IT LIKE A CROWN.