Saturday, May 20, 2017

VerOlution

"It don't matter to me if your searching brings you back together with me cause there'll always be an empty room, waiting for you, an open heart waiting for you... Time is on my side." - It Don't Matter to Me (by: Bread)


We became what we did not expect to be. The once youth with full of dreams remained dreaming still, after all those years of striving for a better future... But that future has come and we live in it already, only, the word BETTER was gone and we are still dreaming and hoping that maybe that BETTER my still come...That maybe, that BETTER was just stuck in a traffic jam and will catch up soon with our future long been here.

But in the midst of our surviving kind of life... There you are... Older, fatter, wrinkles starting to appear on our faces like the ticking of the clock that we can not stop. Our story has long been gone... Like history... Long been forgotten by our minds and hearts... and though it has been written long ago... And a few people read about it and heard about it... Still beneath our souls lies a sacred truth... How the universe gave up conspiring to both of us. How destiny doubted his capability of molding fate... How tragedy made us capable of smiling now.

Time is never a friend for it steals our youth and dreams... But neither it is an enemy for it turns out... It is a gift.

And we are running out of this gift...

And though we cannot even look at each other eye to eye... I feel you. Like awhile ago when you passed by, I felt your eyes looking at me just before I saw you too.

But I am not hoping...

I am just happy that in a long long while I was able to sing again that song that made me realize that its you.

P.s. A couple of years ago I joined the national competition for song writing and my entry was the song I wrote for you. It is entitled "Sepulchre in your Heart". And though it did not won, it did not even made the first cut... It is still my favorite among all of my hundreds of compositions waiting to be heard. Maybe because it is for you... Maybe because the words are so true... Maybe because my heart was poured in that song long time ago when youth and dreams were colliding.