Thursday, January 07, 2016

Their Walk to Remember



When your legs don't work like they used to before...

If you have read (and I mean read and not watched, because there is a big difference between the book and the movie) the novel "A Walk to Remember" by N. Sparks then you know exactly why it is called a walk to remember, because when Jamie and Landon get married, Jamie was on her wheelchair, and though she tried to walk, each step is weakening her knees and her feet is failing her. But she made it through the altar. Every step hurts (knowing her case) that is why it is called a walk to remember.
But that is fiction.
But yesterday, my mom and dad had their share of that walk to be remembered. My mom was on her wheelchair and my dad walked beside her to the altar as they renewed their vows after more than 3 decades of marriage.

I guess it is time for us to actually believe in Forever.