Sunday, May 24, 2015

The Ballad of Sunsets, of Shooting Stars and Broken Dreams

Fear is something more powerful than hate.
Fear is something more powerful than the truth.
Hence, it hinders our sight from seeing the real beauty of what is beyond.

Today I've realized something.
That most of the time, the thing that scares us the most could actually be the most beautiful thing that can happen in our lives.

My two year old daughter was actually afraid of fireworks before. Whenever she hears the loud explosions of the firecrackers, she would cry and hug me tight until her fear cradles her to sleep. Then one night, while fireworks display in a cloudless dark sky, I took her to our porch and I told her to look at those fireworks. So she peeped and when she saw that it was beautiful, she no longer fear those loud firecrackers.

I believe that all of us are like my daughter in a way or another.
We are so scared of those things that we actually don't know yet.
We are so scared of something we only heard about but never really seen.
And just like my daughter, what she's scared of is actually something beautiful.

And just like love.
Most of us are afraid to fall in love when in fact, it could be the most beautiful thing that can happen to us.