Saturday, July 06, 2013

Garden


“If God is water then grace is an ocean, then the church is not a museum for good people but a hospital for the broken ones.”
“Christianity is not a religion but a relationship with Christ.”

So I went to church today. I was late. I sat where I used to sit almost every Saturday, and then suddenly I felt old.
How long it has been since when?
I remember the old faces, the young ones who had grown old and the old ones who are no longer there.
Then the speaker stood in front… my surprise! She was that little girl who used to sit at the front row with her parents and siblings. Time passed by so quickly as they say and now she was our speaker.
The way she look, speak, stand and walk reminded me of myself 8 years ago.
Yes, I was her. The pretty face, the promising career, the good daughter, the independent lady. The one on top of her world. I remember the feeling but it was not as tangible as it was before.

Then my life suddenly flashed back in front of me. How I started good, how promising my life was, how great my future was.
But my future then is what I’m living now and it was not exactly the way I planned nor imagined it to be.
Did God throw a shit on me that made my life of garden a dumping pit? Or did I shit in my own garden?
It was quite a life – really.
And until now I still do not know where this road will take me.
All I know is that I want my garden back.
Oh God please help me.
You gave me a beautiful past,
Now give me a brighter future.
I know You are there for me, hence, take my hand and lead me for Your plans are better than mine. You have the best ideas for my life.
Make me again a living testimony of your greatness and faithfulness.
In Jesus name,
Amen.