Monday, July 22, 2013

father time

Way back 2006, i was a fresh graduate and about to take the national board exams for medical scientist/technologist when i dreamt i was talking to a man, an old man, A very old man with long gray hair and beard. He gave me a little book, like a size of an ordinary pocket book, its old like him but the letters, symbols and formulas written inside the book was clear. The front cover has a picture of a blue sky with white clouds and a ray of light but instead of the sun it was an hour glass that's striking the rays. Before i woke up that day he told me that that book contained all the secret formulas to be successful in life, i asked him who he was. I was hoping he would say he was god but he told me "i am nostradamus".



Time passed so quickly after i passed the board exams that year. Lots of jobs were offered. I earned a lot of money, wasted a lot of time, wasted a lot of my health.



After 5 years, i haven't forgot that dream but i ignored it until i dreamt of it again one cold night of july back 2011.



I was in a shuttle with that book in my hands and i gave it to a girl sitting next to me wearing a white uniform and was on her way somewhere to take the nursing board exams.




Fast forward today...

Today i'm reading through ebook from my tab a book by mitch albom... one of my fave authors.
The book's title is "the time keeper" and somehow i can't help but think that somehow that old man in my dream isn't nostradamus but "father time" himself. With that hourglass picture on his book, Somehow maybe he really is making himself known only in dreams.