Friday, October 23, 2009

The Window Pane




As the moon glows melancholy on a starless night sky like a shining diamond on a black sheet... its beautiful but lonely. So I have to flip yet again another page of my book. I could have stayed on that page, it could have been so beautiful, but the story continues to another page... so I have to move on. I wanted God to lift the page for me but I guess, God doesn't want to lift even a finger. It is not that I'm losing my faith... no!... my faith in God is faithful. I trust God but I don't believe that He wants me to have my kind of story. I guess, God got tired of writing the same old stories with happy endings and so He thought of writing a tragedy.. and He choses me to play the leading role. God thought that this will be a great story and people will love love it... but the script is a tragedy... more tragic than Romeo and Juliet, more complicated than Tristan and Isolde, more painful than Jack and Rose. Being the chosen one is a blessing in the eyes of the viewers but it is a curse to the one who plays it. It is like burning your soul in the fires of hell so that others may reach heaven.


The chosen one.


I can't help but think that even Judas Iscariot was a chosen one. And being the chosen one, he never had the chance to say “NO!” … think of it... if Judas did not betrayed Jesus, we could have questioned the credibility of Jesus' prophecy that one of His 12 disciples will betray Him and he that dippeth his hands in the dish is the same person. If Judas did not kissed Jesus, there could have been no famous “Judas Kiss” and if that did not happen, Jesus could have passed the cross and did not die for our sins... there could have been no resurrection at all and maybe, we were never redeemed at all.


You see, Judas played a great role in the script of God. He was actually God's pawn in fulfilling the prophecy. People now are condemning Judas but what they do not know is that Judas only obeyed what God had told him to do so even if it cost him his own soul in hell, even if it cost him his name being condemned.


The truth is, if ever I get to heaven and meet Judas there... I won't be surprise. And I bet God will explain why Judas is up there... but I will be the first to tell him... “ I always knew you will be here.”


I bet people will think that this article is full of blasphemy but the point of this whole Judas thing is that we should not judge others because it is never our place to judge.


You judge a girl by the way she curls her hair and by the way she carries herself... but who are you to create such illusions of her identity? Who are you to create your own set of her character?

You are judging a book you never even tried to open... how could you know the story?


I don't give a damn... but don't provoke me.


The rain starts to pour hard gushing on the window pane... the water tastes like a saline. Like a gutter flushing all the rain to slide on the window pane... the window pane... they are my eyes.