Saturday, October 28, 2006

The Quest Of A Fallen Angel

I was once in heaven and then I’ve been to hell.
This is my quest.
This is my story.



I was with God the moment I knew I exist. I was with God in heaven even before the universe was born. I witnessed how God created the earth. How He breathed life to Adam and Eve. I witnessed everything.
I’m an angel.


Once upon a time in the kingdom of heaven, Lucifer created his own doctrine. And I must admit I was convinced by his statutes. So we rebelled against God. I was with Lucifer when God threw us in hell beneath earth. I am one of those fallen angels. You see, angels fly NOT because we have wings but because we do not have burdens in our hearts. But since we rebelled against God, we still have our wings but we were not able to fly when He threw us in hell. But since Lucifer was fairer than any of us, he managed to hang around on earth to seduce the mankind (if you know the story of the serpent, the apple and Eve in the Garden of Eden.). That is already a history but people keep on repeating that same tragic story in their own versions in life.


If you’re wondering what hell looks like, well, it’s not yet hot since the returning of Jesus is not yet at hand. And so, the hell is still in good condition… it is not yet dark in there either. It a normal place only exaggerated with all those sinful vices. Name it, the hell has it! – gambles, addictions, fornications, indulgence, and all those sinful habits that are far more than your imagination could reach. Honestly, it SUCKS!


I don’t understand why people think that sin is sweet. IT ISN”T! It is the biggest lie in the world!

It was my biggest mistake the moment I believed Lucifer and turned my back to my loving Father.


So in one corner of hell, I knelt down and prayed to God and asked for forgiveness. It took only a little while when I saw a ladder leading up. I stood up and I stepped forward. One step and then another as I trudge that stairway to heaven.


On my way upward to heaven, I did not realize how long I’ve been climbing on that ladder, not until I met Jesus half way and He said – “I am going to earth to save the mankind.”
I finally realized that I was climbing that ladder for almost thousands of years because at that moment I knew, Jesus will be born in flesh through Mary and will grow up to save the nation. The Messiah He is!


I continued my quest. It was hard. My feet were sore and my body seemed to be rotten with my own decaying flesh. My wings looked like a worn-out kite and the right one was broken. The physical pain grew more each weary step I take and my soul grieves more each time the pain attacks my being. It is a soulful pain.


Finally I heard a blaring sound of trumpets. Then I saw Jesus at my side. It was His ascension to heaven after the 40th day of His resurrection. He embraced me and suddenly my rotting flesh became smooth and clear. My wings regained its strength and the broken one got better. And then I finally, once again, experienced how it was to fly again. I reached heaven with Jesus at my side. God welcomed me with a tight hug and said – “I’m proud of you.”
Though I really don’t deserve such, since I was once a rebel.


I missed heaven. That’s all I know the moment I was back in God’s cradle. And it was such a wonderful feeling.

Days and long days and until now passed but I never missed hell. I don’t think I will ever will.


One day, I talked to God asking Him if I could share my story to the people on earth so that in a way or another, it will be a living testimony of God’s forgiveness and Christ’s salvation.
God said – “Watch out for someone who could write your story for you there on earth. And once you found the right person, visit him/her in his/her dreams. Tell your story and let it be written in man’s hand”


I smiled and God smiled back.


That night I was looking at the viewing-glass and there I saw billions of people on earth. Busy with their lives, indulging into sins and weary about their situations.
But on one corner of the earth, on the southern latitude of the planet, a girl knelt down and prayed not for anything but to give thanks for everything. I smiled and finally I knew I’ve found the one.


That night, I visited her in her dreams and told her my story. As she promised to write it for me to glorify God on earth here in heaven.




So it is written.

This is the quest of a fallen angel and how he let go of his only possession – his pride, just to be with God again. And as he opened his hand to finally drop that only possession he had, it was replaced with the abundance of God’s grace and love.

This is his quest.

This is his story.