Thursday, September 07, 2006

The Bourne Identity

Today is a history. Finally, a suffix was added unto my name. My day today started in such a way that was actually extra special yet still ordinary… confusing?... well, um, for the past three nights, I was damn preoccupied and so, I never had a good sleep, not until last night (if you call that a good one either), though, the pressure still governs my entire being. The reason for my preoccupation was the soon release of the results of the board exams I took last weekend. Honestly, I doubt if I actually played good on that examination since, I’m dealing with the entire Medical Technology population of this country. And just by reading the questions during that time, I knew, I was in the arena of dens of lions and I’m actually half-way between hope and despair. But God is indeed faithful in spite of my frail faith and short comings.

I was awaken by the vibration of my cellular phone beneath my pillow this morning and I saw that it was only 4:01 am. Yup! Someone tried to call me at the wee hours of the morning – but I didn’t bother. I saw my inbox with almost a dozen of messages and so, I now exactly what was going on at that very moment. I prayed first before actually pressing the unlock button of my cell phone since it was really the right thing for me to do so. Tense but hopeful, I checked out the first message.

And so the rest is history.

The good news made me feel ecstatic but not necessarily in the state of pandemonium since, it was still dark and everybody was still fast asleep and it was definitely not logically and sanely act to shout on top of my voice and say– “I’m the king of the world!”. They will absolutely kill me if I did that, and it is not a good thing to die at the very moment you just knew you passed the board exams – right? So I have to be euphoric in a way that was not actually hysteric.

And so hours passed by unknowingly, and it seems like the only thing I did since I woke up was actually read and reply those millions – (I’m not exaggerating) of messages entering my phone almost every second. (So I would like to thank GLOBE UNLIMITXT for sponsoring my texts) haha!!!

So finally, now, I come to this point of realizing the things happening in front of my eyes. Back five months ago (that was just last April), I can still recall those undeniably motivating words from our batch president. He said – “If it is your destiny, let it be.” For the whole span of my preparation for the board exams, those words reiterate almost always in the circulation of my meninges like that worn-out pirated disc that kept on playing the same part of a whole song. But it was not really something bad, since, it moved my determination to actually fulfill the destiny I have to fulfill.

I maybe calm but deep inside me, the feeling of euphoria is so intense like that roaring waves when the high tide begins.

A mentor from my alma mater once told me that the greatest honor in life is the privilege to bring back the glory to whom it is supposed to.

Right now I have that honor.

I am Thy living testimony.

As the word - liveth.

As the promise - kept.

As the destiny – fulfilled.

Le gra’ go Deo!!!