Saturday, August 19, 2006

Beauty In The Beast

I live in two different worlds. Both have their own rules and standards. I call the first world “Great Cognion” (that is actually an anagram to protect the identity of people living there), and the second, “The World of Nude Man” (again, another anagram for identity protection). I love both.

The Great Cognion is a great world. I love “its” world for it nourishes me the way the sun nourishes the desert, and the rain nourishes the ocean. But the inhabitants of Great Cognion are not as great as the world itself. They are actually saints… holies to the bones, and their holiness became their pride. And since they are proud holies, they despise me, they judge me as the unforgivable sinner – (though I admit that I am a sinner – we all are sinners!). They hate the color of my hair, the way I dress, the way I am. They are hurting me with their false accusations, wrench and lies. They are judging me wrong. But ins spite of the mockery, I continue living there because the great Rabbi told me that it is NOT the people but the “world” of Great Cognion that matters. They despise people whom they only knew by name and by face but NOT by heart and soul. The great Rabbi is right, they DO NOT know the real me, after all.

The world of Nude Man is bigger and the people of Great Cognion describe the inhabitants of Nude Man as filthy. But I knew better than these Great Cognion people. Inhabitants of Nude Man are filthy but real, sinners but humble, ugly but true. They judge NOT for they DO NOT know how to judge. They just simply accept each other as they are. They AREN’T like the Pharisees, they are NOT hypocrites… they are who they are… they are real. These filthy people, unlike the saints in the first world, accept me as I am. Though sometimes, they think that I’m a divine being, still they do not treat me different. I usually tell them that I am NOT a divine being and that, I am as filthy as everybody, but they do not believe me. But even though they are not convinced, they still love and accept me as I am.

Two worlds, two race. One is the beauty, the other is the beast. One is lovely, the other is full of flaws. One is perfect, the other is a chaos. One damns, the other is damned.

But the absence of flaw in beauty is in itself a flaw.
And, if you look through the soul, you will find the beauty of a beast.