Sunday, January 15, 2006

THE DARK TUNNEL (Part I: The Reality Behind The Real World)

"Some things can only be seen in the dark"
It was late in the afternoon, I was riding a shuttle when I finally realized that I'm no longer a darn naive...
It all started during my first internship. I met a whole lot of different people and these people showed me the real world (the once I thought the real world). They took me into places and I've done a lot of things I thought I would never dare to do. These I thought was the world apart from the world I knew. These people thought almost everything a typical adventurer should know, but they've missed one thing... the dark tunnel. They never told me about the dark tunnel.
We rarely see each other anymore, except for the regular monday seminar where we usually just eat our lunch together. We rarely have our gimmicks anymore unlike before when we always go out and don't even bother to go home even its already past midnight. So the party was over... until...
Early this year, I met new people from my work place. Their nice and friendly and fun to be with. And because of them, I've come to know the dark tunnel.
It was lunch break when we decided to go in the dark tunnel. I didn't refuse because I've heared about it so many times before, I've seen it from a distant sight, but I never been there... and that intrigues me. So we went there... The place was nice, there's a bright light shining through the entrance and its tempting. They went in and I followed them. As I step closely to the light, I realized that its getting brighter and brighter. So I continued walking until I realized that the light was so intense that its blinding me. So I closed my eyes and opened once again but this time, as I opened my eyes, it was already dark, and I knew I was already in the dark tunnel. I wanted to run back to where I entered but I'm lost inside. Suddenly somebody grabbed my hand, it was my co-league from work, she told me - "here we go!"... then the party started.
We laughed and talked about everything in there while indulging into alcoholic poison and smokey air. I found myself with them enjoying the same alcoholic poison and smokey air. Then I saw familiar faces and known faces to me trying to unveil their mask.In there I found out that they are androgeries. I was surprised to know that these people aren't real in the real world I know.
Once I thought my eyes were open, but after entering the dark tunnel, I've realized that my eyes were only half-open before. Now its wide open and I know that what I saw inside the dark tunnel is a reality far beyond the real world is giving me. I never thought such things really exist, but they do, and its real.
After a couple of hours inside the dark tunnel, we finally decided to go back to the hospital where we are working as interns. While walking, my mind was full of dancing ideas about the dark tunnel. I told myself that the dark tunnel is the place where reality exist. For some its a place for fun, for some it might be a half way for freedom, but for a wise person... he will never dare to go inside the dark tunnel.
The clock striked at 4 pm, that means, the day is over for work.
It was late in the afternoon. I was riding a shuttle when I finally realized that I'm no longer a darn naive...
To be continued...